BLUF: Can feedback on email-related behaviors be given via email?
- My team is dispersed across four time zones.
- Our primary method of communication is via email though we talk on the phone often.
- O3s start in three weeks.
- I have one person who has email behaviors that need correcting right away because our client is furious. These behaviors include:
- Escalating issues inappropriately to the client and the client's leadership.
- Inflammatory and/or accusatory statements about other team members.
- Discussing internal matters that, while not a secret, are generally "dirty laundry" that lessen the client's credibility with their stakeholders.
I want to provide specific and timely feedback on this email-related behavior (although, admittedly, this is "feedback" before its time) and I'm not sure if it's appropriate or not to deliver that via email or to wait until I can reach her via phone. Thoughts?