I was promoted to VP of Sales from a channel sales role about a year and half ago. As a company, we decided not to backfill my position for two reasons:
1. I felt I could handle the additional responsibilities.
2. I had worked too hard to hand over my relationships and was confident that it would work out.
Fast forward 18 months and I am still doing both jobs but we have evolved as a company. Our partners have increased, we have lost people and added people and my daily and monthly workload seems to have increased. I have become a very integral part of the company (and the family) and am at a point that I need to make others aware of my sinking as a "jack of all trades". I am currently doing the following:
- VP of Sales (manage 9 folks across two channels)
- Regional Sales Manager
- Multiple product roll outs
- National Sales calls (monthly)
- About to have two other folks starting that will report to me
- Another channel launch
- Covering sales for another market
- Running social media for our company
- Traveling to tradeshows around the country a couple times a month
I start my day with a Blackberry in hand and end the night putting down my Blackberry. My balance is terrible and I want to make a change. I really need some advice on this as I love the company that I work for and the work that I do. I am pretty sure that my mgt team is simply unaware of how much my workload has increased recently and it is up to me to bring them up to speed and ask for help. I need advice on how to do that. Thanks in advance.