Submitted by gatheringwest on
I have an interview I am prepping for that will be about 4 hours, with 1/2 hour for each person. Are there specific podcasts I can reference, or does anyone have some feedback on this style of an interview?
Do you have the MT Interview Series?
Well worth the purchase:
Yes, and it was super helpful
Yes, and it was super helpful! I had the interview yesterday, and I just about to do the follow-up steps!
I guess my advice would be to bring snacks!;)
Take opportunities to re-center
I have done All Day interviews.
Welcome to the Big Leagues.
They usually also include Lunch and Presentations with groups.
And Meetings with several different interviewers - or small groups of interviewers.
My Advice to you is to :
* Find small breaks between the events - and during the lunch - to
* Visit the Rest Room OR Ask for water
Take that time to re-center and de-stress.
Splash some water on your face.
* Pep Talk yourself. Remind yourself of the M-T Interview Advice.
* Have a pad and pen handy in your pocket to jot down the names of people you met - so that you can send Thank You notes Later.
* Have some safe Small Talk ready -- I like to ask about Travel, Vacations and Hobbies