I'd appreciate the MT community thoughts on a challenge of applying the concise, one page resume guidance for job seekers in project manager roles. Project manager job requirements often include a long list of pm responsibilities that are standard practice for any role (see example below). I haven't been including these standard practices (manage schedule, budget, deliver status reports....)as either role definition nor accomplishment, as doing so would consume a large amount of my precious one page.
My concern is that I'm being screened out against to 5 page resumes that are with including all those details for all applicable roles, while I have to date take for granted that any pm would be performing those tasks.
- Monitors and controls program execution - (deliverables/milestones, funding, POP, status reports, training, meeting staffing requirements)
- Identifies, mitigates, prioritizes, manages and drives resolution of project issues, constraints, dependencies and risks. Proactively identifies risk areas and critical items that need to be done to keep project on track.
- Works directly with contracts, pricing, project control and execution personnel for all program related functions.
- Interfaces directly with client sponsors, managers, and executives to ensure Unisys delivery meets their expectations for schedule, budget, and quality. Takes initiative to anticipate and resolve delivery issues. Primary POC for customer
- Effectively collaborates across organization and its partners to ensure new business development activities remain on schedule