Company president just hired new technical consultant to work with all the laboratories.
I am "Technical Support", I do the online training on our software, handle customer service and admin for our online system, along with other taks such as video editing marketing materials (I don't do programming).
President has me training this employee 1 on 1 in person for a full day, a little different than the hundreds of ONLINE over the web training I've done with employees and customers. How do I make a great impression in person?
- Plan on creating a binder for her with screenshots that include area for taking notes
- Planning on bringing my laptop in so she can use my larger monitor to walk through the system with me in real time
- List of features the system is capable
- List of benefits that users derive from using the system
- Giving her a bag of Texas shaped tortilla chips with dip to make her feel welcome on her visit, along with some Texas doo-dads!
What more can I do to not only teach her about the system, but also to wow her, make her feel comfortable, and make a strong first impression? My customer service with clients is excellent and over the top, but because I don't put that same polish into my interactions with coworkers and management, I missed out on my 2nd promotion which was given to someone else instead. Suggestions appreciated, thank you.