Hi MT- Managers,
Performance is a word often used in MT podcasts.
I’m an IT team member responsible for interfacing Business with IT. It’s unclear to me what management uses as guidelines for measuring my performance.
1. How do you measure performance of your directs?
2. How do you know, measure weather a employee is performing excellent / good / average / bad?
3. What are the indicators that you use?
4. Imagine a re-org is on the way, you have to lay off either of 2 of your 4 team members. Member 1 is an high "I", everybody likes him, he performs "good". However team Member 2 is performs Excellent, high "D", but not liked in the organisation. Members 3, 4 are excellent performers well and loved by the organisation. How would you apply 'performance' to decide which to fire?
4. Any other tips, or ideas..