Forums

Greetings All!

I've just finished listening to the last years worth of casts and now I'm totally bummed - I have to wait a week between each cast now! The last month has been the best education I've ever received in Management Training and I can't express my gratitude to Mark and Mike enough! I love what you guys are doing and figured the least I could do was to participate in the community you're building - so here I am. I don't really care how much you guys charge for the premium cast, I'm there! (how much did I spend on college? this will be a much better deal :) )

About Me:

I'm the COO of an Internet Incubator called Provo Labs. We build internet based companies and grow them, we also provide 'Web 2.0' consulting to clients around the U.S. In the past, our team founded www.ancestry.com and www.myfamily.com (although that was before I worked with them and it was under a different name) along with several other ventures.

My background is in technology, I was a Business Analyst and Software Engineer for 12 years and ran my own consultancy for 5 of those years. I currently oversee 27 employees and 9 companies in different stages, my biggest focus right now is on building our consulting project.

On the personal side, I live in Utah on a small farm with 8 kids. I served in the Air Force for 4 years and did a tour in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait during Operation Desert Watch. My hobbies include almost anything outdoors (the reason I'm still in Utah), reading, farming and kids. We disconnected cable TV (we can't get any reception at all) about 8 years ago so that we could get a life.

So there's a bit about me, my website and blog is at www.phil801.com if you want to know more. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Mark's picture
Admin Role Badge

Phil-

Welcome aboard! Thanks for the kind words about our work thus far.

We look forward to hearing more from you, and more than from most, because you're smarter than us... you don't have TV!

Mark

PS: Don't hold your breath on pictures! I've already had someone come to my office unannounced. ;-)