Submitted by dankaus on
I'm looking for the podcast that gets into the psychological power of a smile in overcoming potential barriers. The point was followed by comments about another way to overcome resistance is by having "big eyes" or something like that because it shows the speaker is willing to be "vulnerable." I think there were some scientific studies cited. Anybody know which podcast that was? I know I heard it I just can't seem to find it now.
Hi Dankaus It's in this one,
It's in this one, if you have the interviewing series: http://www.manager-tools.com/2006/10/interviews-the-introduction
I thought it was in some others but I can't find them now either!
The importance of smiling is also mentioned in:
- How to politely become part of a group.
- How to shake hands
- Phone Interviews
- How to Answer Questions in a Presentation
- Running Large Meetings
- Delivering the Performance Review
- Coaching Directs on Interpersonal Skills
- 5 Ways to Master Horstman's 3rd Law