Global Trade Manager
Permanent ⁄ £50000 - £70000
The position of Global Trade Manager for CareFusion, an internationally recognised Medical Devices business based in the South East, takes responsibility for managing the organisations EMEA import/export operations activities in support the delivery of products, services and information to world-wide customers.
The organisation internationally ship and import medical finished goods, raw materials, components and technology while the role has a strong emphasis on ensuring operational compliance with regulatory agencies including EMEA customs agencies, CBP, BIS, FDA and others while also collaborating closely with Global Logistics in ensuring timely and cost effective international supply chain movement.
Key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
• Leadership of the operational team responsible for EMEA import/export activity.
• Product HTS and ECC classification, export filing, export compliance screening and regulatory compliance, customs clearance and fulfilment of all statutory customs and VAT reporting requirements.
• Support the design, selection and successful implementation and utilization of applicable import/export systems including interfaces to ERP systems, EU fiscal authorities and other country regulatory agency systems, warehouse management systems, and freight forwarder systems.
Who we're looking for
In order to be successful as the Global Trade Manager for CareFusion you will need the following attributes:
• A Bachelor degree in a business or science discipline and proven track record in international trade and management.
• In-depth knowledge of international logistics, import brokerage, and international export requirements. Must have functional knowledge of European import/export management systems and requirements.
• Knowledge regarding the import and export of medical devices and pharmaceuticals is significantly preferred.
• Knowledge of the function and framework for support of the EU Single Authorization for Simplified Procedures (SASP).
Further competencies include:
• Successful team development and management background in international trade .
• Excellent planning, execution and organisational skills.
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to influence others.
• Clear communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Conscientious approach to work.
• Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
• Good customer orientation and problem solving skills.
• Team member, willing to act on behalf of team.
• Computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
What's on offer
A competitive basic salary and package.