Forums

I just won a free copy of "Financial Intelligence" by Karen Berman & Joe Knight! Someone here had recommended it to me a while back.

It was through http://www.inbubblewrap.com/ and they give away business books, to promote the upcoming release of "The 100 Best Business Books of All Time."

IndianaRoger's picture

I am fortunate to have received an advance copy of "The 100 Best Business Books of All Time" by Jack Covert and Todd Sattersten (the founder and president of www.800ceoread.com). I took a couple of minutes to cross reference MT's recommended books and I would say that about half were in the new book. Jack and Todd organized thier selections into the following categories.

• You
• Leadership
• Strategy
• Sales and Marketing,
• Rules and Scorekeeping
• Management
• Biographies
• Entrepreneurship
• Narratives
• Innovation and Creativity
• Big Ideas
• Takeaways

It is a nice collection of old stand bys: Effective Executive, Good to Great, 7 Habits, but also reviews some unknown or unusual (at least to me): What to do with my life?, Oh the Places you'll go (Dr Seuss) and To Engineer is Human.

They do a nice job of summarizing (at a high level) the main points of each book while giving a review at the same time. It also appears (my copy was a pre-release) to have a "Where to Next" section after each book recommending other books by the author or further topical "reading lists.”

It a pretty cool reference book that will have a permanent spot in my library.

Roger