This cast describes how to engage the person sitting next to you when you are traveling professionally.
If you're traveling on business, you're going to sit next to someone. Maybe it's a train, or more likely it's a plane. So what do you do? Do you ignore them? Do you bury yourself in work? Do you say nothing until you can open your laptop and play solitaire?
There's really a right answer, despite what you might think. The right thing to do is engage your seatmate. But we know that at least half of you don't want to talk to the person sitting next to you. If only what we wanted was always the most effective thing.
But how? How do we engage our seatmate? Three questions will get you started.
- Smile and Ask: "How are you today?"
- Smile and Ask: "Are you headed out or home?"
- Smile and Ask: "What is it that you do?"
This Cast Answers These Questions
- Why should I talk to people I meet when traveling?
- How do I start a conversation with a stranger?
- How do I followup with the people I meet?
Play/Download This Cast
|How To Engage Your Seatmate Shownotes||Purchase this item|