Answering Questions in a Presentation (Part 1 of 2)
- How do I answer presentation questions?
- What do I do if people challenge me when I'm presenting?
- Do I really have to answer questions after my presentation?
If you've ever given a presentation, you've probably been asked to leave time for questions. You may have even gone the extra step of thinking about what questions might you get. However, in our experience, 80% of the managers we've coached haven't, but maybe you're in the 20% category.
But have you ever thought not about the content of the questions, but rather the delivery of your answer? Even if you have a perfect answer, if the question is even slightly confrontational, your delivery could doom you from the start. Most presenters give away their fear and lack of preparation by behaving in ways that actually INCREASE the conflict inherent in a challenging question. In this podcast, the first of a two-part series, we discuss how to answer questions in a manner that leaves you, the presenter, in the best possible position.
- Answering Questions in a Presentation Shownotes (PDF) Answering Questions in a Presentation Shownotes (PDF)
- Answering Questions in a Presentation Slides (PDF) Answering Questions in a Presentation Slides (PDF)
Members Only Manager Tools Individual License
Career Tools Individual License Interviewing Series
First Job Fundamentals