Feedback From Your Directs - What To Say - Part 1
- What do I say when my directs give me feedback?
- Can I say no to feedback from my directs?
- Can I give my directs negative feedback for giving me feedback?
This guidance tells you what to say when your directs say, “Can I give YOU some feedback?”
It happened to Mark recently. He was teaching the feedback model to a bunch of CEOs. He had made it clear the MT feedback model was only for managers to directs. He finishes the talk, and the emcee says, in front of everybody, “Can I give YOU some feedback?” And, of course, then he mangles the model. At least it wasn’t negative feedback in front of a hundred CEOs.
What do you do when one of your directs turns the feedback model on its head? You know it’s wrong. So, can you say no? And the answer is yes, sort of, sometimes, but not really.
- Feedback From Your Directs - What To Say Shownotes (PDF)
- Feedback From Your Directs - What To Say Slides (PDF)
Manager Tools Personal License
First Job Fundamentals