How To Manage An Arrogant Producer
This cast addresses how to manage a high performer who is arrogant or dismissive of others.
What do you do when one of your top performers is also a lousy team player? Or, put differently, what do you when one of the most irritating people on your team is responsible for lots of your team's success? Whether you see it as a producer who's a jerk or a jerk who produces . . . the approach is the same.
Do we want them on our team? YES! For now, yes: they're producing. IN the future, yes, if they change their behavior. We give them lots of feedback – positive and negative – about both sets of behaviors. But what if they don't change their stripes about others, and continue to tear the team apart? What then?
- Give Top Performers Positive Feedback For Performance
- Give Feedback For Their Team Transgressions
- These Are Not Two Approaches – It's One Approach: Performance Improvement
- Don't Stop Giving Positive Because The Negative Continues
- Give Positive Alone, Or Before Negative
- Keep Your Boss Informed
- And If They Don't Change, Fire Them