How to Handle the Interview Weakness Question
- How do I answer 'what is your weakness' question?
- Is a weakness a strength?
- What's the right answer to 'tell me about a failure'
Mark recently blogged about the crazy advice being given - by the Wall Street Journal! - about how to handle the perennial interviewing question, "Tell me about a weakness." He was stunned by how wrong some of the suggestions were, as well as the implication that a clever interviewee could trick the interviewing manager into accepting a non-responsive answer. We think it's funny how many folks think that "they" can fool "their" interviewer, but of course, if "they" were the one "interviewing", why, "that would be different". Yeah right. In this cast, we share one of the best interviewing answer templates you'll ever hear. It's simple, elegant, easy to deliver, and surprise, surprise: it directly answers the question.
[Play in Popup]
- How to Answer the Weakness Question Slides (PDF) - Manager Tools Premium How to Answer the Weakness Question Slides (PDF) - Manager Tools Premium
- How to Answer the Weakness Question Slides (PDF) - Career Tools Premium How to Answer the Weakness Question Slides (PDF) - Career Tools Premium
Members Only Manager Tools Individual License
Career Tools Individual License Interviewing Series
First Job Fundamentals