Need your creative input - creating a "new graduate resume" for a class
Hi all! I am an instructor of Business Communications and have decided to spread the MT wisdom instead of what is in our textbook for resumes and interviews.
I am putting together a sample "new graduate" resume and thought it would be fun to get your input!
For fun, would you come up with a job and the corresponding responsibilities paragraph and accomplishments? When we finish, I'll share the final document.
Here's what I have so far....
Aug 08-present: BS, Political Science, University of Memphis: Followed a course of study to meet degree criteria. Studied American politics, constitutional law, and political statistics.
· Achieved 95% pass rate in all end of semester exams by devising and implementing study program
· Achieved Dean’s List 6 consecutive semesters by maintaining 3.75 GPA in concentration
Sept 10 - Oct 11: Server & Bartender, R.P.Tracks: Responsible for serving food, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages in a licensed restaurant for up to 200 customers per night. Set up bar before service. Cleared and cleaned bar and restaurant after service. Balanced and cashed up register.
· Recognized as “Outstanding Bartender” by customer comment cards
Aug 10 – May 11: Treasurer, Sigma Kappa Sorority, Inc., University of Memphis: Responsible for accurately tracking financial data for large, university-based sorority association. Reported monthly to sorority executive committee and to national headquarters on financial standing of sorority members. Paid monthly housing dues and all associated fees.
· Achieved 95% payment of dues from members by sending reminder bills in advance of due date
· Received recognition for chapter with 100% accurate financial reporting for 2010-2011 school year
HAVE FUN! Your help is SO greatly appreciated. Just think, this semester, I've got 30 students. In the fall, I have 120. If we can keep spreading MT tactics to college students, maybe they'll recognize the right way to do things!