Politics 101 - Chapter 2 - Meeting Prep: Who Wants What
- What do you need to know before a meeting?
- What do you need to ask before a meeting?
- Why are relationships important?
This guidance tells you how to prepare for meetings where politics are going to play a role (which is to say, ALL of them). ;-)
Most folks don’t do any preparation for the meetings they go to, unless they’re presenting something. This is a mistake, particularly when we’re meeting with folks who are more senior, or who are outside of our team. In either case, you’ll be far more effective if you know who wants what and who likes whom.
- Politics 101 - Chapter 2 - Meeting Prep: Who Wants What Shownotes (PDF)
- Politics 101 - Chapter 2 - Meeting Prep: Who Wants What Slides (PDF)
Manager Tools Personal License
First Job Fundamentals