How To Effectively Use HR – Chapter 1
- Why should I get to know HR?
- When should I involve HR?
- Will HR let me use the Management Trinity?
The first part of our guidance on working with HR.
Mark used to say he hated HR. Now he says, he hates bad HR. Many companies are too small to have HR. Managers in companies which are big enough to have an HR department, sometimes wish they didn’t. When you want help, they won’t give it, and when you don’t want help, they want to tell you about a bunch of rules that make your life harder.
HR does have an important role to play in organizations – a company doesn’t get very big before someone decides someone needs to handle all that ‘HR stuff’. How do you work with them effectively?
- How To Effectively Use HR – Chapter 1 Shownotes (PDF)
- How To Effectively Use HR – Chapter 1 Slides (PDF)
Manager Tools Personal License
First Job Fundamentals