Internal Support Roles And Responsibilities - Part 2
- How do I best support internal client departments?
- Why can't client departments fill in a form?
- How do I develop relationships with client departments?
The conclusion of our guidance on how to obtain the requirements you need when working as an internal support provider.
The relationship between internal support providers and their customers has to be one of the most frustrating in the corporate world. The provider NEEDS x and y and z before he can solve the customer's problem. The customer just wants a thing, that does "you know", and just works. Both are hampered by corporate policies and processes.
There are ways of making this relationship go more smoothly. But as an internal support provider you will need to change your perspective in order to make this work. You might find this hard to hear, to take and to make the changes we recommend. We're dedicating this cast to the Atlanta January 2012 conference attendees who found it hard to hear, but thanked us for telling them anyway. We hope you'll feel the same way.
- Internal Support Roles And Responsibilities Shownotes (PDF)
- Internal Support Roles And Responsibilities Slides (PDF)
Manager Tools Personal License
First Job Fundamentals