Asking Your Network For An Opportunity
- How do I ask people I know for a job?
- What do I say when I want people to refer me to a job?
- What do I say when I contact people I know about a job?
This cast helps you word your request to your network for help with looking for a new opportunity.
Recently we were asked how a member should let his network know that he was looking for a new position. In his case, the company he worked for was about to announce a Chapter 7 bankruptcy and so would cease to exist in the near future. Some of you will be in similar situations where it's easy to be candid. Others will need to keep your search confidential. In either case, we're going to tell you what to do and what to say.
- Asking Your Network For An Opportunity Shownotes (PDF)
- Asking Your Network For An Opportunity Slides (PDF)
Manager Tools Personal License
First Job Fundamentals