Direct Relationships Acid Test
This cast prescribes asking your directs what their children's names are.
We've asked the question at every Manager Tools Effective Manager Conference, and every internal client session where One on Ones were covered. The answers are eerily similar. And the answers PROVE that the average professional manager really does NOT know what she needs to know to be effective.
What's the question? Well, it's a series of questions, actually. And this cast walks EVERYONE through them. You've probably heard them before – we routinely mention them. But sometimes the things that go without saying bear repeating.
- What Is More Important To You, Your Family or Your Work?
- What is More Important To Your Directs, Their Family or Their Work?
- With That In Mind, Can You Name Each Of The Children Of Each Of Your Direct Reports?
- Find Out NOW.
- Direct Relationships Acid Test Shownotes (PDF) Direct Relationships Acid Test Shownotes (PDF)
- Direct Relationships Acid Test Slides (PDF) Direct Relationships Acid Test Slides (PDF)
Members Only Manager Tools Individual License
Career Tools Individual License Interviewing Series
First Job Fundamentals